- The Ministry of Education approved the formal filing of Feng Chia College of Engineering and Business
- Founded in Beitun District of Taichung City
- Relocated to Xitun, rebuilt, and expanded the campus gradually
- University status was granted and the name changed to Feng Chia University
- Actively built campus and appointed teachers
- Towards a comprehensive university with complete facilities
- The teacher-student ratio far exceeded the regulations of the Ministry of Education
- Started the campus environment improvement plan
- Established the Leadership Development and Service Learning Center
- Recruited hundreds of quality teachers
- Promote informatization of administrative and school affairs systems
- Central Taiwan Science Park Campus was established
- All 17 engineering departments passed the international IEET accreditation
- Established the APEC Research Center for Advanced Biohydrogen Technology
- Established International School of Technology and Management
- The only university in Central Taiwan to obtain AACSB accreditation for international business and management education
- The only comprehensive university in Taiwan to pass all school affairs evaluation and department evaluation
- Purchased additional Shuinan campus
- 12 constructions to shape the campus of science, technology and humanities
- 2+2 international cooperation with 5 universities
- Nearly 200,000 alumni worldwide
- Great, good and happy
- Virtuosi Hall (Shuinan Campus)
"Loyalty, Diligence, Sincerity, Perseverance" were the four words of Feng Chia's motto added in 1964. Different from the meaning in the past, the motto now has a new interpretation, "loyal to things, diligent in learning, sincere in heart, and persevere in action", as the benchmark attitudes of teachers and students.
Feng Chia former triangular badge, with gear and coin representing engineering and business respectively, was changed to a round one when we were granted university status in 1980.
Inae represents educational achievements
Connotation of the school spirit "Loyalty, Diligence, Sincerity, Perseverance"
Feng Chia University former president Zhang Xizhe collected opinions from his colleagues and urged Professor Huang Chunren to write lyrics and musician Hwang Yau-tai to compose. The song was published in the university magazine in Jan 1969 and started to use since then. A major revision was made in 1980. During the 40th anniversary, alumnus Li Shouquan was invited to re-arrange the music and during the 50th anniversary, students were also invited to perform creatively in various styles.
History of Feng Chia University Chairmans and Presidents
Education is always to meet a better self
Feng Chia University upholds the concept of lifelong learning to provide the best quality of teaching to those who want to know more about themselves.
University has great use
Feng Chia always believes that the education provided by the university will affect many changes in one's life.
Elegant and humble art across generations
Mr. Kengo Kuma interprets architecture as not only a building but also an environment where people and everything coexist, and the never-ending flow of life.